Biography[edit | edit source]
Beginnings[edit | edit source]
In Over the Hedge[edit | edit source]
In the video game, Gladys does not seem to have any strict H.O.A. rules. However, she still dislikes wild animals.
At the end of the video game, Gladys does not get arrested, so her fate is unknown.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Gladys has an intense hatred and disgust for wild animals; one of the reasons is because of how they keep attacking her house and stealing her stuff.
However, she seems to have no problem with domestic animals as she had a pet cat named Tiger.
Gladys doesn't like children much and is quite annoyed by them.
Gladys is very strict with her H.O.A. rules and is constantly worried about animals "lowering her property values".
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Gladys is often believed to be the main and tertiary antagonist of the film. This is not true as Vincent is the one who drove the plot of the film, and her plans are far less malicious than Vincent.
- Gladys is similar to Cruella de Vil: Both are animal haters and then get arrested at the climax.
- She was once referred to as "Nancy" by Dwayne.
- Allison Janney (the voice of Gladys Sharp) would later voice Ms. Grunion from the 2014 film, Mr. Peabody and Sherman (which is a another Dreamworks film).
- Also both Gladys, and Ms. Grunion are villains, and antagonists.